17th February 2021
It’s tough coming up with ways to entertain ourselves on a normal lockdown day, so how can we make someone’s birthday feel special?
Here are 5 ideas to help get your creative juices flowing…
- Create a theme night – how about taking them ‘away’ – you could surprise them by transforming a room into Paris – think romance, wine, French bread and cheeses, snails, beret hats, French flags, bikes!
- Has the birthday girl/boy got a favourite restaurant that they wish they could be celebrating at?
Go online and take a look at the menu – create a little taster menu from there and make it at home for them. Set it up just like a restaurant and treat them to the next best thing.
- Create a campsite / den – and no, this one isn’t just for the kids!
Turn your living room into a big den or use that old tent that hasn’t seen the light of day for a while. Grab some cosy blankets, as many cushions as you can find and lay out a feast of popcorn, marshmallows, burgers, the works!
Play some board games, tell some scary stories around the ‘campfire’ or you could even pop a movie on if you wish…
- Cocktail party – create a ‘home bar’ and get everyone at home to ‘dress to impress’.
Make some signature birthday cocktails, everyone can have a go at being the barman which means no holding back on the spirits.
- A Paint party – grab a big old sheet and lots of A2 paper and paints.
Go crazy with paints and have some fun. Or perhaps set up a central focal point and everyone has a go at doing their best painting of those objects. Competition time!Have fun and happy birthday!#GuernseyTogether